Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Some recommendations

So I found this really great online radio station. Google for "your LDS radio" and you should find it no problem. They play church music and good uplifting other music, but its not all MoTab. Theres a lot of EFY stuff and things like from the "Singles Ward" sound track where they gave hymns a jazzier beat. Don't get me wrong, I still love to listen to rock and oldies and some newer stuff, but if I'm having a stressfull day or the atmosphere around the house is chaos, I just crank up the volume on this station and it makes such an improvement, especially in my attitude. They also keep advertising this sort of LDS version of iTunes where you can download most of the music they play. I haven't tried it yet but I'm deffinatly going to get me at least the Cinderella song, if I figure out what the real title is.

Also: I found the best series of books for, ummm... age 10-14?, girls. They're called the Lady Grace mysteries, you can get all the titles from the wikipedia page. They're great historical fiction with lots of adventure. I love them. (Of course I love a lot of children's/young adult books) One big helpful bit of advice to go with them: there is a glossary and a "some info about..." section in the back and I find it easier to read the story if I've read those first, instead of constantly flipping to the back to see what a farthingale is. (A sort of hoop skirt, fyi)

1 comment:

H said...

The books sound great, I'll have to remember to tell Kyra about them, maybe after we finish sewing her farthingale. :)

The girls loved the Valentines! Thanks for thinking of them and have a great one yourself.