Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ode to Elder Hizer

So Wednesday we took John's brother Nathan to the MTC. His poor Mom was just loosing it right and left and then its the part where the missionaries go out one side and the families go out the other side and suddenly we're all crying. I'm gonna miss that punk. (And I mean punk in the I-love-him-like-a-brother-and-sometimes-hes-as-annoying-as-my-real-ones sense) But I know he's going to do great. He's going to the Independance, Moissouri mission which, as it turns out, covers most of Kansas and very little of Missouri. We took pictures of course and he told me its my job to be sure that Little John remembers him when he gets home. They have a very smooth streamlined process for dropping off your missionary. Everything from parking to luggage to tissue boxes every twenty feet, its all arranged for. I was very impressed. On the drive home everyone was missing him and sad so I was trying to cheer peolpe up with jokes. They were pretty cheesy, but I will share my favorite with you. (This joke is because Nathan is such a ladies' man)


You know how when you stop dating a person, people start telling you "well there are lots of fish in the sea". Well missionaries aren't sopposed to date, do you think thats why they go to the empty sea? (empty sea=MT C, get it?)


Yeah, nobody else really got it either. But you know you think I'm funny. (That's what Sarah says when we don't laugh at her jokes)

L to R: John, Mom/Pat, Nathan, Dad/John, Kevin
Front: Little John, Carol

Mom putting his nametag on him

Hurray for Elder Hizer

4 comments:

SSRoring said...

People laugh at MY jokes.

H said...

Bill tried to hold back a laugh but he couldn't. This is TOTALLY his kind of joke.

rik said...

ok, this is going to be totally random, so you might want to sit down. we are a family living in Wamego, KS. This might sound familiar if you've been keeping tabs on one Elder Hizer. We are having him and his companion over for dinner on Wednesday and thought it would be awesome to hit them with a classic Utah meal. Then, we thought it would be even better to put together his favorite meal. My wife says "isn't that what Google's for?" one search later and we hit here. Any ideas? Can you ask his mom? We would love to just make his eyes pop out of his head. If you can help, thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much "rik". Mom and I really miss him and appreciate all that the families are doing for our missionaries. We know that this was his calling even though we often wonder if Kansas would be ready for him. Got to love Google!