Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Halloween

So I know it took me a long time but here are our Halloween pics.

A friend gave me this hood, but we already had a costume for him. Its too big anyway, but he had fun wearing it around.

This is the costume I made him, he's the ace of hearts. He didn't like getting stuffed into it though.
John and I were the King and Queen of hearts. Little John's was out of fabric but it was easier to do ours out of garbage sacks using sharpies.

This is all of us. I tried to talk my brother into coming with us as the Jack, so we could be a royal flush, but he went to a Halo-ween party instead.

But this one is my masterpeice: Hogwart's portait of the Fat Lady. (Click on the picture to see it bigger) If we'd have been in Phoenix I would have worn it too the Harry Potter party. Instead my mom wore it to school and the kids loved it. It took me a couple weeks because everything has to dry before I can do the next part. I painted it on part of a giant cardboard box, because I didn't feel like getting foamcore, but foam core probably wouldn't have curled as it dried. If anyone wants more details so they can make their own just leave me a comment.

1 comment:

H said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fat Lady portrait. Man I miss your antics here in Tempe. COME BACK! You all were pretty cute as the cards too :)