Saturday, August 16, 2008

So... tired.. can't... type

So, today is August 16 2008. Today was very busy. I woke up at 6:30 AM to a tired hungry little man who I fed and then tried to put back to sleep. He didn't want to sleep so we played for a while while I "rested" on the floor. We then went upstairs and I had breakfast, renewed my prescription, checked my email and got ready to go to my parents' house. The little man was cranky but once I got him in the car he calmed down a lot. We drove down to West Point and arrived a little before 8:00 AM. No one was awake yet. Little man started making lots of noises and I was wasted. I tried to sleep but the little guy kept trying to go pu the stairs without parental supervision. Luckily, my Mom and Dad woke up and wanted to see the baby so I got them to take care of the little man for a while. I rested for a bit and then had a second breakfast consisting of pancakes. The little one had the same thing. The little guy was very tired so we tried to get him to sleep while we watched Ninja Warrior on TV. My brother woke up and we played Guitar Hero for a while before he had to leave to go to work. My wife and her mom showed up surprisingly early and took the little guy home with them. Julie, my mother in law, notified us that the front rotors of our car were warped because when you step on the breaks at high speeds the steering wheel gets wobbly. Having known that, we decided to fix it by getting the rotors trimmed. We took apart the front wheels assemblies and took the rotors down to Checker and they informed us that they could not trim them because they were too thin to start with. So we bought 2 new and shiny silver rotors and installed them in the car. Afterwards, we too the can and got it washed on the outside and deep cleaned on the inside. The car looks great except for the two dents in it. Oh well. Then we gathered all the things that I needed to bring back with me for Carol. I then went to my other brother, Kevin's place, wherewe had dinner of spaghetti and garlic bread. It was dang good. We watched some Cops on TV and spent what felt like an hour searching for these little clear plastic beads for the wedding dress Carol made a while back for my sister in law. We never found them. It was very frustrating. I am now home and hope that I can say or do the right thing to make my wife happy since she really missed me (we were apart for all day except an hour or so). So I'm going to be off to hopefully be a good husband instead of a mean loser. Hopefully I will post more soon. So Long

1 comment:

Paul said...

Don'cha love the whole "You're so tired, why don't you just sleep and you'll be so much happier?" business w/ the little ones? Why do they insist on waking up so early?
Bummer you had to replace your rotors. We just got ours resurfaced a little bit ago. Cars. Sheish.
How goes the search, Jon?