Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peach Days

So they have a great festival here in Brigham called Peach Days. There's all sorts of stuff: classic car show, parade, library book sale, teen community dance, bandstand, raffles, booths, and of course carnival games and rides. We took Little John to his first parade. He liked the horses and the throwing candy. He did NOT like the fire engine sirens, but he wouldn't let me plug his ears either. We toured the booths in the stroller but he was only interested in touching things I didn't want to have to buy so he and John played in the grass while I looked through the book sale. I got a bunch of things but I'm probably most excited to read the collection of Poe stories. (The other books are children's books) I'm not sure why but when I saw the Poe book I was like"Oooh!" Maybe its because I've only read 2 of his stories, isn't he sopposed to be morbid in his horror? I'm not sure if I like morbid, but I know I don't like horror- at least not how Steven King does it. But we'll see how well I like Poe. But I was telling about Peach Days wasn't I? Umm, oh yes- the homemade peach ice cream was fantastic and because we didn't have the usual turn out :( there was more to go around :D. There have been some new babies and more people off to collage and post college jobs, so fewer people were able to make the trip this year. But that's ok we'll see them at Thanksgiving and Christmas for sure.

2 comments:

SSRoring said...

...and i cleaned my room and apartment and did homework and ate dinner at my friend's gramma's house...

H said...

Were there peaches at peach days? I was wondering until you mentioned the ice cream :)